Carroll - I was pushed out

Posted on 3:00 PM by barraq

Andy Carroll is adamant he was not wanted by Newcastle United and that he was forced to hand in a transfer request before securing his move to Liverpool.





The England striker completed a blockbuster £35million transfer to Liverpool on deadline day with the fee establishing the 22-year-old as the most expensive British player in history.

However, the manner of the home-grown powerhouse's departure from St James' Park has prompted contrasting versions of events from the club and player.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew claimed that the club did not push Carroll towards the exit door and accepted Liverpool's second offer after the player asked for a new contract.

Carroll, though, disputes this version and insists that he never wanted to leave his boyhood club, accusing Newcastle of wanting the money offered by Liverpool.

Gutted
He told the Evening Chronicle: "...[Managing director] Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice.

"I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money."

He continued: "Then I flew down in (owner Mike Ashley's) helicopter. I didn't want to leave.

"I'm gutted that I wasn't wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made.

"I didn't want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn't want to leave.

"The players, staff and fans were fantastic."

No Response to "Carroll - I was pushed out"

Leave A Reply